Playlist: 90s Alt-Rock Bike
Task: Create a playlist for some an afternoon on the trails mountain biking.
Conditions: Given my iTunes playlist, my CDs, and an evening of free time.
Standards: An hour-or-so-long playlist with no dupes, by band or album focussing on alternative and rock music from the 1990s.
Here’s what I came up with:
- Heavy – Collective Soul
- Salvation – The Cranberries
- Special – Garbage
- Wish You Were Here – Incubus
- All Over You – Live
- Mother Nature’s Fault – Self
- Get Back – Zebrahead
- Them Bones – Alice in Chains
- Don Quixote – Cherry Poppin’ Daddies
- My Hero – Foo Fighters
- As Heaven is Wide – Garbage
- The Impression That I Get – The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
- Even Flow – Pearl Jam
- Never There – Cake
- Fortune Faded – Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Thnks Fr Th Mmrs – Fall Out Boy
- Loser – Beck
- Never Let You Go – Third Eye Blind
So, how’d it work? EXCELLENT! I cheated a little bit. The Fall Out Boy track is not from the 90s, I’m pretty sure of that, but I couldn’t leave it off the list, aaaaand, there are two tracks by Garbage on there, but I’ll allow it.
The playlist was perfect for my ride. MVP goes to The Cranberries. I felt like I was taking a chance on that one (I wasn’t sure if it would fit my pedaling cadence), but it really worked.
I made the whole playlist available on YouTube, and posted the individual videos below.
Anyway, enjoy some tunes…